Summer. SITEWIDE 15% OFF

CODE: M15 Shop Now

V16 Diesel Engine MOC Model Building Experience by Customer

I’m a retired diesel mechanic who has experienced numerous diesel engine failures and repairs throughout my life, but I never get the most satisfaction and joy out of seeing a machine running again.

As a child, I had a keen interest in machines and mechanical devices. My father’s old diesel engine became my childhood treasure. I often dismantle it, study its construction, and even try to restore it. This diesel engine started my love for diesel engine technology.

Growing up, I became a diesel mechanic. This profession requires me to have an in-depth understanding of mechanical principles, precise judgment and fine operating skills. I love my job because it allows me to protect and restore my beloved diesel engines.

Over the years of working in the industry, I have encountered a variety of diesel engine failures. Some of the glitches were complex and difficult, requiring me to study and experiment for a long time. But after each successful repair, the sense of accomplishment is beyond words.

After I retired, I began to devote more time to the study and collection of diesel engine history. I love finding and restoring old diesel engines and talking and sharing with other diesel enthusiasts. Just last month, I stumbled upon this V16 engine building block and was attracted by its realistic design and exquisite craftsmanship. So I decisively bought it.

However, as the assembly process progressed, I ran into some issues.

First, I was confused by the assembly order of the parts. I followed the instructions to assemble it, but found it very difficult to make progress. I was a little frustrated with the various small parts and there seemed to be no clear order of assembly.

To address this issue, I recalled the assembly instructions provided by the manufacturer and decided to review them again. I spent some time comparing and trying them one by one, and finally found this guide shared by an experienced brick assembler. Following this new guide, I gradually figured it out and successfully completed the assembly process.

Secondly, I discovered during assembly that some parts didn’t fit tightly enough. This makes me worry about whether it will affect the overall stability of the engine. To solve this problem, I carefully inspected the size and shape of each part to try and figure out the cause.

After some hard work, I discovered that some parts had tight diameter tolerances, resulting in a less than tight fit. To fix this, I decided to try using some lubricant, like WD-40, on the mating surfaces. This method really worked, and the fit between the parts was significantly improved without affecting the performance of the engine.

Finally, I found that the engine could not start properly when operating the remote control. I checked all the wiring and connections and found nothing wrong. To solve this problem, I re-read the instruction manual and made adjustments according to the instructions.

Turns out it was because I hadn’t adjusted the throttle and brake controls on the remote correctly. After mastering the correct operation method, I successfully started the engine and was able to control its running status freely.

Although I encountered some difficulties and challenges during the assembly process. Although the whole process was a bit tortuous, I was very satisfied with the final result.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Free Worldwide shipping

Shiping Time 8-18 Days

30 days Money Back Guarantee

100% Secure Checkout